Infrastructure investment is a priority for the current administration, but few can agree on how to pay for it. To cover the cost, here are some items on the table:
• Payroll tax increase on high-income households
• Corporate income tax increase from 21% to 28%
• Minimum tax on foreign earnings of US companies
• Higher capital gains and dividend taxes for ultra-wealthy
• Individual income tax increase for high earners
What do you think the impact will be on the real estate market? Will these increased taxes on the wealthier cool the high end of the real estate markets or will a booming economy and equity markets offset this? Will higher federal taxes further fuel the desire to live in low and no-state-income-taxes? Share your comments below.